PNC Funds (the “Funds”) recognize and respect the privacy concerns and expectations of our customers1. Federal law gives customers the right to limit some but not all sharing of customer information that we collect. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. This notice is provided to you so that you will know what kinds of information we collect and the circumstances in which that information may be disclosed to third parties who are not affiliated with the Funds.
Collection of Customer Information
The Funds collect nonpublic personal information about our customers from the following sources:
- Account Applications and other forms, which may include a customer’s name, address, social security number, date of birth, and information about a customer’s investment goals and risk tolerance;
- Account History, including information about the transactions and balances in a customer’s accounts;
- Correspondence, written, telephonic or electronic, between a customer and the Funds or service providers to the Funds;
- Online, your name and e-mail address if you provide them; and
- Third Parties, such as your financial intermediary in connection with your transactions, or third party data service's use to verify or update personal information that you provide.
To comply with federal regulations, information the Funds receive from you or a third party will be used to verify your identity.
The Funds may disclose all of the information described above to certain third parties who are not affiliated with the Funds under one or more of these circumstances:
- As Authorized – if you request or authorize the disclosure of the information.
- As Permitted by Law – for example, sharing information with companies that maintain or service customer accounts for the Funds or process transactions are permitted and are essential for us to provide shareholders with necessary or useful services with respect to their accounts.
- For Everyday Business Purposes – such as responding to court orders and legal investigations.
- Under Joint Agreements2 – the Funds may also share information with companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom the Funds have joint marketing agreements, such as The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. and its affiliates.
These third parties must agree to strict confidentiality provisions to assure the protection of your information.
Sharing of Customer Information
Except as described above, we do not share or sell such customer information with affiliates or non-affiliates for use in their marketing activities.
Security of Customer Information
The Funds use security measures, in compliance with federal law, to protect customer information described above from unauthorized access or use. Yet you should understand that the open nature of the internet is such that customer information may flow, without security measures, over networks connecting you to our systems and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
In addition, the Funds require service providers to the Funds:
- to maintain policies and procedures designed to assure only appropriate access to, and use of, information about customers of the Funds; and
- to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic personal information of customers of the Funds.
1For purposes of this notice, the terms “customer” or “customers” includes individuals who provide nonpublic personal information to the Funds, but do not invest in the Funds’ shares.
2The Funds do not share information about shareholders who are residents of California with affiliates of the Funds or with unaffiliated companies under joint marketing agreements.
The Funds will adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice regardless of whether you are a current or former shareholder of the Funds. If you have any questions concerning this Notice, or about the Funds in general, please call: 1-800-622-3863.
© The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.